We passionately pursue God because:
We passionately pursue God because the God, who created all things, is the King. He is the source of all truth and defines what is good (Mic. 6:8). He gives us life and breath and everything else (Acts 17:24-25). He created us in His image to have a relationship with Him (Gen. 1:26-27). Having passionately pursued our self interests, we severed that relationship forever by breaking God’s law. God’s desire is to restore this relationship. Therefore, God showed us that we are lawbreakers and that He had a plan to restore our relationship.
This plan was carried out through His son Jesus Christ, who demonstrated His selfless love by willingly dying on the cross as payment for our disobedience (Romans 5:8). Christ took on Himself our shame, our guilt, and ultimately the penalty of eternal death in hell forever (Isaiah 53).
In light of this, we are passionately pursuing God because we understand that we are hopeless without Christ’s payment. Therefore, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we choose to:
(Summary) Nurture a personal, living, love relationship with God living in thankfulness for what He has done for us.
- Worship God by:
- Living in thankfulness to God for who He is and what He has done for us.
- Committing our life to live the way He would live.
- Consistently coming together as a group of believers to thank, praise, honor, and adore God for what he has done for us.
- Grow in the knowledge and wisdom of God by:
- Being faithful students of the Bible, seeing it as the foundation of all truth and applying its wisdom to our daily lives.
- Committing ourselves to prayer to seek God for His direction for our lives.
- Allowing other believers to speak Godly, biblical correction into our lives.
- 3. We acknowledge God’s ownership and our granted inheritance by:
- Recognizing that God gives abundantly and at times takes away as He sees fit.
- Giving back to Him the first of the resources we have.
- Taking care of our material possessions as a good steward.
We will sacrificially love people because:
Our love for others should model Christ’s love; that He willingly laid down His life for us (Rom 5:8). We value and respect all people as bearing the image of God Himself.
Enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit:
(Summary) We will set our own lives aside to thankfully minister to others’ needs, using Christ as our example.
- We commit to ministering God’s compassion to the weak, discouraged, needy, and oppressed.
- We will seek to cultivate and build relationships with those not involved in a church and minister to their needs.
- In humility we will seek to encourage maturity among believers through:
- Helping them grow in their knowledge of God so they will know His power to do what He has promised. II Pet 1:3-4; Eph 3:16-21
- Teaching the commands and principles of God to allow them deal with the circumstances of life.
- Encouraging those who are discouraged in their faith to be restored to a fruitful relationship with God and fruitful relationships with other believers.
- Preparing them to serve others, thus demonstrating their love for God. Eph 4:12
We join the advance of Christ’s kingdom because:
We recognize that all authority and the direction of this kingdom is set by God and is eternally advancing by the revelation of His will for both individuals and the church.
Therefore, we intentionally choose to:
(Summary) Moment by moment, decision by decision, deny our own natural selfishness and the influence of the world for the sake of doing God’s work, furthering His kingdom often at our own expense.
- Seek the will of God and use His truths to define what is right, and how this kingdom is to be advanced.
- Watch to see where God is working in changing the lives of people and then join Him in furthering that work.
- Share with anyone the reason for the hope that we have, always being gentle and respectful.
- Commit ourselves wholly to this work, so in some small way we can bless God.
- Use and communicate to others the ways of God, for we understand them as the only way to peace, joy, and fulfillment.